The NEW 7th Edition NRP Guidelines were published in May 2016. Jane and Helen have the AAP’s 7th edition NRP ready to launch. There are significant changes. You can schedule an Assisted NRP 7th Edition to learn these new changes, and pass the new exam.
- As before, you then will need to go to the AAP’s webpage and take the online test. The test includes multiple-choice answers plus E-Sim scenarios.
- The E-Sim scenarios are a bit tricky to navigate. Many of you may find that you need assistance with the E Sim portion. Helen and I are available to assist you.
You may accomplish your NRP certification/recertification in 3 ways.
1. Schedule for Assisted NRP 7th edition at NEO. Assisted NRP includes:
- NRP skills
- Assistance with passing the NRP exam
- FREE NRP Coursebook updated with the 7th Edition Guidelines
The cost will be $205 plus a $38 exam fee paid directly to the AAP.
2. Take the Online NRP 7th Edition Test on your own, and then come in to NEO to demonstrate your skills. The cost is $105 for NRP skills and $38 exam fee paid directly to the AAP.
3. Take the 6th Edition NRP online exam on your own, and then come in to NEO to demonstrate your skills. The cost is $105 for NRP skills and $23.50 exam fee paid directly to the AAP.
NOTE: I strongly recommend completing the 7th Edition exam for all healthcare professionals involved with deliveries – Labor & Delivery, Postpartum, Respiratory Therapists. The 7th edition will be required starting January 1, 2017 and you will be expected to know the NEW Guidelines.
You don’t want to be practicing old guidelines!
Will my employer know if I took the 7th Edition?
Yes, you will receive an electronic NRP card via your email issued from the AAP. In addition, your employer can instantly verify your 7th edition card by logging to the AAP.
I need help! I started taking the online exam, but it’s taking forever!
That’s a common situation! Call us and we can schedule you for Assisted NRP with the instructor 866 266 2229.