Nurses Educational Opportunities aims to improve maternal child health through the creation of the Maternal Child Training Program; Baby Bump to Baby Buggy.
In particular, the purpose of Maternal Child Health Training Program (Baby Bump to Baby Buggy) is to empower nurses with optional courses to improve the delivery of patient care. Most noteworthy, the obstetrical environment continues its pursuit of knowledge to improve outcomes for the mother and child dyad. Nursing knowledge is ever-evolving, therefore, it is up to the nurse to keep current on progressive methodologies.
Furthermore, inadequate quality of nursing care continues to impact maternal and fetal health in the U.S. Consequently, poor nursing judgement and lack of education has contributed to maternal adverse effects and/or mortality. In short, issues impacting maternal and fetal health include:
- Deficiency in skills to respond to medical complications during pregnancy.
- Inadequate postpartum care due to unskilled nursing assessments.
- Excessive medical interventions that place infants at risk for arrest.
- Cultural and ethnic incompetence
- Last but not least, lack of mental health screenings and/or lack of postpartum depression knowledge.
Neo’s Maternal Child Training Program will encompass all of these topics, and more.