The AWHONN Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring certification encompasses complex case studies taught by experienced Labor and Delivery nurses of over thirty years.
AWHONN Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring is a one day Labor and Delivery certification for experienced nurses. Most noteworthy, our AWHONN instructors strive to make difficult concepts understandable and stress-free.
Moreover, the new Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring course has some exciting “new stuff” combined with some of the “old stuff.” AWHONN’s long-standing topics consist of practicing single blood gas interpretation. Including but not limited to, determining premature beats and arrhythmia’s versus artifact on a fetal heart rate strip. In addition, AWHONN’s innovative material includes fresh information on Cerebral Palsy, Sinusoidal Appearing Fetal Patterns, and Signal Ambiguity.
Furthermore, complex scenarios are presented to address new guidelines, such as;
- Brittany, who becomes unresponsive, and thus a peri-mortem C-section is performed.
- Julie, who develops a sinusoidal appearing fetal heart pattern after being given an opiate.
- Heather, who requires a cephalic version, and additionally undergoes a uterine rupture.
- Chandra, who deteriorates from a placental abruption due to chronic hypertension. What is more, the ineffective communication between the nurse and the physician contributes to Chandra’s poor outcome.
- Charlotte, who presents with multiple infectious conditions. Additionally, she develops a Tachysystole and undergoes a Fetal Demise.
- Last but not least, Lilly’s scenario encompasses communication blunders. Consequently, her baby dies on the 6th day of life.
In addition, this course presents:
- Conflict management circumstances.
- Management of maternal pathophysiology.
- Communication skills of nurse hand-offs.
- When to assess and when to document.
- Checklist tools that provide a safe transition of patients that require or request surgical interventions such as the TOLAC or BVAC.