About AWHONN Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring
AWHONN Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring is a 1-day class led by experienced perinatal clinicians. In particular, this course expands on the knowledge and principles presented during the Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring course. To emphasize, this course uses a case study approach focusing on the analysis of complicated FHM patterns. Not to mention, characteristics with related case information. Upon completion of this course an optional online test is provided with the purchase of the 5th edition student materials. Nevertheless, please refer with your institution regarding the completion of the post-test. In summary, the course components include:
- Complex case studies, as well as recommended interventions
- Advanced maternal and fetal physiology related to complex fetal heart tracings
- Proper handling of instrumentation, besides risk management principles
- Adverse situations in addition their interventions
- Last but not least, verbal and written communication skills.