CEs: 20 CEs
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 13004 for 20 contact hours
Assessment of the patient in trauma. Appropriate interventions for the patient with trauma. Mechanisms of injury associated with trauma.
For the Nurse in ER and ICU. This 20 CEs course can be completed by Nurses in a variety of settings! From Emergency Department, to outpatient settings! Healthcare Professionals who need to renew their license.
Upon completion of Code Trauma Part I the learner should be able to:
- Identify the common mechanisms of injury associated with trauma
- Simulate primary and secondary assessment.
- Simulate assisting placement of endotracheal tube.
- Simulate placement of spinal board and C-collar immobilization.
- Identify the compensatory mechanisms of shock
- Describe the four classifications of shock
- Describe the nursing assessments of head injuries.
- Describe the nursing interventions of thoracic and neck injuries
- Describe the nursing assessments of abdominal injuries.
- Describe the nursing interventions for musculoskeletal injuries.
- Describe the nursing interventions for patients with burns
- Describe the nursing assessments for the pregnant trauma patient.
- Describe the nursing assessments and interventions for the pediatric patient.
- Describe the nursing assessments and interventions for the geriatric patient.
- Discuss the psychosocial aspects of the trauma patient
Upon completion of Code Trauma Part II the learner should be able to state the signs and treatment of:
- Cardiac arrest with the asthmatic patient
- Cardiac arrest with the patient of anaphylaxis
- Cardiac arrest with the patient that is pregnant
- Cardiac arrest with the patient with electrolyte disturbances
- Cardiac arrest with a toxic ingestion
- Cardiac arrest associated with trauma
- Cardiac arrest in accidental trauma
- Cardiac arrest associated with drowning
- Cardiac arrest associated with electric shock and lightning strikes.
[restab title=”How It Works”]
It’s Easy as 1-2-3! 1. Purchase the textbook of your choice online or at one of our offices 2. Complete the evaluation sheet located in the front of the book & return it to NEO:
- OC Fax: (714) 979-7133
- SD Fax: (858) 748-3344
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Upon receipt of evaluation sheet, we’ll send your certificate for 30 contact hours
[restab title=”Hear from Others”]Tab 4 content goes here.[/restab][/restabs]
[restabs alignment=”osc-tabs-left” pills=”nav-pills” responsive=”true” icon=”true” text=”More”]
Submit your review
I highly recommend taking this course! It's great for beginning RNs who want to pursue trauma or any critical care setting for that matter.