Basic Fetal Monitoring
The first step towards Fetal Monitoring Expertise. Baby Saving starts before birth by preparing the mother for successful outcome by determining the risk factors that contribute to poor outcomes.
Classes Offered Every Month
Orange County & San Diego
*Check our MEGA-EVENTS for Discounts
[restabs alignment=”osc-tabs-left” pills=”nav-pills” responsive=”true” icon=”true” text=”More” tabcolor=”#dd3333″ tabheadcolor=”#ffffff” seltabcolor=”#dd3333″ seltabheadcolor=”#ffffff” tabhovercolor=”#1e73be”]
[restab title=”Schedule” active=”active”]
The course includes
Video of instrumentation of fetal heart monitoring
No clinical experience is required
Nurses, and students/graduates of Nursing are encouraged to attend.
Basic Fetal Monitoring
Baby Saving starts before birth by preparing the mother for a successful outcome by determining the risk factors that contribute to poor outcomes.
This course includes:
- Palpation to assess uterine contraction.
- Auscultation to assess fetal heart rate.
- TOCO to evaluate uterine contractions.
- Ultrasound to determine fetal heart rate.
- Intrauterine Pressure Catheters (fluid filled and solid filled).
- Fetal Spiral Electrode to determine variability of the fetal heart rate.
- Obstetric problems that may put the woman at high risk.
- Genetic problems that may require consultataion to choose the course of action that seems appropriate. Intrapartum surveillance requires fetal heart monitoring to closely assess the fetus in the journey down the birth canal.
In addition to the knowledge and skills, participants are also expected to have basic knowledge and related skills in these areas:
- Maternal physiologic changes of pregnancy related to intrapartum complications
- Identification of complex fetal heart rate monitoring tracing characteristics such as arrhythmias, and sinusoidal patterns Course Objectives: At the conclusion of this course, the learner will be able to
- Describe the principles of oxygen transport
- Identify the principals of fetal heart monitoring
- Describe the concepts of antenatal testing.
- Recite the physiological principals to the goals and interventions of antenatal testing.
- Evaluate intervention for patients undergoing antennal texting.
- Analyze fetal cardiac arrhythmia patterns and describe outcomes associated with these patterns.
- Analyze complex fetal heart monitoring patterns utilizing current NICHD ACOG FHM terminology and categories.
- Apply perinatal risk management principles, communication techniques and documentation strategies related to complex and challenging patient care scenarios.
Goal: To remember why we do what we do. Reference: AWHONN Principles and Practice 4th Ed. & Nurses Educational Opportunities pre-study material
You will receive a Course Textbook at the beginning of class. The book is included with your Course Fee. [/restab]
[restab title=”Heart From Others”]
Submit your review
What a wonderful environment. Thank you so much for the hassle, stress free class. Louise was great! You are all so kind. I will see you again in two years
Small class size. Straight forward information. Sandwich shop within one block.
I had my NRP, BLS and Advanced Fetal Monitoring at their Costa Mesa office. I had an awesome experience. Signing up for classes was a breeze. Everyone in the office were helpful and accommodating. Class size and environment is conducive for learning. Jane made fetal ECG easy! 😀
I will definitely come back for my other recerts.
Great class! The instructors were very knowledgeable and kept the day very upbeat. I have already recommended my co-workers and some of them have enrolled for a class on June 23.
All the staff and educators at N.E.O are knowledgeable and make the learning and review so much fun and stress free